Contact Us

Info icon

As we deal with the current impact of COVID-19, we may not be able to respond to individual queries relating to COVID-19 and therefore members are strongly encouraged to refer to the FAQs.

During this time USS have limited resource to handle telephone queries and therefore will only be able to deal with queries relating to the following:

  • Bereavements - 0151 556 0620
  • Ill Health / Full Commutation - 0151 478 7231
  • Pensioner queries - 0151 556 0747
  • The USS Investment Builder and My USS - 0333 300 1043
  • For general pension enquires, including those relating to the progress of casework – 0151 556 0626

For all other queries please or use our online contact form *

Please note that the above telephone lines are open 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday.

We will endeavour to answer calls as quickly as possible but there is likely to be a disruption to normal service during this time.

When you contact USS you should always have to hand, or quote in correspondence, your USS member number, or your national insurance number or USS pensioner number.

Please be aware - We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in order to maintain a record of any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service.

*The online form facility is for basic enquiries or website comments only. When completing the form please do not use special characters such as '&' or use any apostrophes. USS takes the security of your personal information very seriously and as such it is not our policy to provide benefit details to you via email, as we have no control over external email accounts.

The trustee company welcomes feedback on all aspects of its service. If you have a service comment or an initial complaint about the administration of the scheme you should complete and send the Service Comments form to Service Comments, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited, Royal Liver Building, Liverpool, L3 1PY. Alternatively, you could use the service comment option on our online form. If you are unhappy with the response to your initial complaint and wish to pursue a complaint further you may do so under USS’s Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) procedure. Please refer to our Service comments and complaints page for more information.

Financial advice

Neither the Trustee nor your employer can give you financial advice. If you are not sure what’s best for you, we strongly recommend that you speak to an independent financial adviser (IFA) before making a decision. You can find an IFA through the following website: